Serves 4 80 cal./serving
- 1/2 lb. (225g) potatoes
- 2 onions
- finely chopped green onions
- 4 cups dashi(bonito) stock
- 4 Tbsp. miso
- Peel potatoes and cut into bite-sized chunks. Rince in a bowl of cold water to remove excess starch, then drain.
- Peel and chop onions into short lengths.
- Cook potatoes in dashi stock over medium heat. After a few minutes, add onions and cook until tender(about 10 minutes). Skim off any foam.
- Remove about 1/2 cup of soup and blend in miso, stirring until miso dissolves. Pur miso mixture back into pan and remove from heat.
- Serve in individual bowls with a garnish of chopped green onions.