Serves 4 79 cal./serving
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. sake
- 3-1/2 cups bonito stock
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 rounded spoon finely chopped green onion tops
- 4 tiny pieces lemon or lemon zest (optional)
- Combine eggs, sake, and pinch of salt in a bowl. Beat, frothing as little as possible.
- Bring bonito stock to a boil over medium heat. Add salt and soy sauce, then simmer.
- Mix cornstarch with 2 Tbsp. water, then blend evenly into soup, stirring constantly.
- While beating egg, pour into soup. Do not stir soup! When egg has completely set, remove from heat.
- Serve with garnish of chopped onions and sliver of zest.