Here's a simple Japanese take on a western idea. Get your meat and vegetables all in one package. But these in the oven or fish grill. You could also add finely dices carrots to the mixture if you like.
- 4-5 green peppers
- 4-5 long eggplants
- 7-8 oz. (230g)ground beef
- 1 onion
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- Finely dice onion.
- Cut all green peppers and eggplant in half lengthwise, clean out and discard seeds.
- In a large bowl, mix ground beef, chopped onions, breadcrumbs, and soy sauce.
- Stuff green pepper and eggplant halves with meat mixture.
- Place stugged green peppers and eggplant in an preheated oven on medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until meat is cooked. Or, put in a Japanese style gas fish grill for about 10 minutes. Watch peppers and eggplants closely, rotate when necessary.
- Serve with rice. Season with a little salt or ketchup if desired.