Daikon, Japanese white radish is often used in soups or hot pot dishes, stewed in a broth for a long time, but here's a simple recipe to enjoy this winter vegetable raw in a salad. The daikon and carrot are usually cut into thin slices with a knife, but to save time, I just used a peeler. It just takes few minutes to make and tastes delicious.
- about 3 inch length or 1/4 large daikon(Japanese white radish)
- 1 carrot
- 1 can of tuna
- ground or whole white sesame (optional)
- Peel the daikon and carrot into thin slices with a peeler. Discard the outside skin. Daikon tends to be a wet vegetable, so squeeze out any excess water.
- In a bowl, combine daikon, carrot, tuna, a couple pinches of salt, and enough mayonnaise so everything is well covered.
- Mix well and serve with white sesame on top.