Search Japanese Food Recipes

Friday, January 9, 2015

Shaved potatoes and cheese Galeto(Cheesy hash-browns) Recipe




Here was an experiment that didn't look great, but tasted great. It's a kind of Japanese potato omelette called (galeto)  inspired from a french dish gallette . It's basically a hash-browns pancake with cheese and ham. The potatoes are supposed to be julienned like hash-browns, bu I was in a hurry, so I just used the potato peeler. I also didn't have pizza cheese, so I cut up some sliced cheese. It eventually formed a pancake. It didn't look like the recipe I saw, but it tasted great as reported by my friends.

Ingredients:


  • 2 potatoes
  • 1 Tblsp. parmesean cheese
  • 1 Tblsp. pizza cheese(I used 2 cut up pieces of sliced cheese)
  • 1 Tblsp. flour
  • 2 slices sandwich ham or 1 slice of lean bacon
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 Tblsp. of butter


Directions:


  1. Cut the ham or bacon into small pieces.
  2. Use a peeler and slice the potatoes into thin slices.
  3. Mix potatoes, meat, cheese, flour, and salt in a bowl.
  4. Heat a frying pan and add the butter.
  5. Add the potato mixture and fry, turning and pressing down with a spatula into a pancake.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...